Go To Global Site
Welcome to UCB in the United States

How much should I expect to pay for Neupro® (rotigotine transdermal system)?


Prescription drug prices can be confusing. Two people may pay different prices for the same drug, depending on their insurance situation.

The list price1 of NEUPRO is $712.492 per month, but the amount you pay will largely depend on your prescription drug insurance plan. The information below will provide you a better understanding of what to expect based on your insurance situation.

For the most accurate information, talk to your insurance provider who knows the details of your plan.


Full Prescribing Information.


Which Option Below Best Describes Your Insurance Situation?

(click arrows to see additional options)

I Have Insurance Through an Employer or Private Individual Policy


About 66% of NEUPRO prescriptions cost patients between $0-$100 per month; for the remaining 34% of prescriptions, the most common cost is $200 per month.3

What you pay for NEUPRO will depend on your insurance plan. Each plan has different preferred drug lists and out-of-pocket amounts, and most include an annual deductible. If you haven’t met your deductible, you’ll see higher prices until the deductible is met; then your out-of-pocket cost will likely drop.

With the NEUPRO Savings Card, a one-month supply of NEUPRO can cost as little as $10. Learn more about the NEUPRO Savings Card.

I Have Medicare Coverage


If you have Part D coverage and are eligible for the Extra Help4 program, you can expect to pay $3 - 9 for each prescription.5

If you are unsure whether you qualify for Extra Help, please visit the Social Security Administration for more information.

If you don’t qualify for Extra Help, your out-of-pocket costs vary. About 56% of NEUPRO prescriptions cost patients between $0 and $100 a month; for the remaining 44% of prescriptions, the most common cost is $300 per month.6 Your out-of-pocket costs can vary throughout the year depending on which phase of the Part D benefit you are currently in.7

I Have Medicaid Coverage


For most people on Medicaid, prescription drugs like NEUPRO range from $4.44-$9.10 per month.8 Some states offer even lower copays, or eliminate the copay requirement altogether.

To find out if you qualify for Medicaid, or for more information about copayments in your state, please visit Medicaid's website.

I Don’t Have Insurance or NEUPRO Is Not Covered By My Insurance Plan


If you do not have insurance or NEUPRO is not covered by your insurance plan, please contact our team of compassionate and informed professionals for more information to see what options might be available to you. Contact ucbCARES at 1-844-599-CARE (2273) or visit us online.


1 List price is also referred to as wholesale acquisition cost or WAC. WAC is the price at which UCB sells its products to wholesalers. A monthly supply of NEUPRO is defined as 30 transdermal systems per month.

2 AnalySource. Accessed on January 1, 2021. Patients may have to pay a higher price than list due to additional pharmacy charges.  Based on Neupro 4mg patch.

3 IQVIA LAAD data, NEUPRO, Commercial, OPC Before Buydown Group, New Patients, Paid + Reversed Claims, Final & Standalone Claims (Jul 2019-Jun 2020).  Accessed on December 8, 2020.

4 Social Security Administration (SSA). Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs. https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare/prescriptionhelp. Accessed January 2019.

5 IQVIA LAAD claims data (Jul 2019-Jun 2020) and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Announcement of Calendar Year (CY) 2020 Medicare Advantage Capitation Rates and Medicare Advantage and Part D Payment Policies and Final Call Letter. Attachment V Final Updated Part D Benefit Parameters. https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Health-Plans/MedicareAdvtgSpecRateStats/Downloads/Announcement2020.pdf. Accessed on December 1, 2020.

6 IQVIA LAAD data, NEUPRO, Medicare Part D, OPC Before Buydown, Paid + Reversed Claims, New Patients, Final & Standalone Claims (Jun 2019 - Jul 2020).  Accessed on December 8, 2020.

7 Drug coverage under Medicare Part D is divided into four phases: 1) deductible, 2) initial coverage, 3) coverage gap, and 4) catastrophic. Each of these phases has different cost sharing amounts. 

8 IQVIA LAAD data (Jul 2019-Jun 2020) and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Medicaid and CHIP Overview. Maximum Allowable Copayments Determined by Eligible Population’s Household Income. Updated May 2020. **All out-of-pocket charges are based on the specific state’s defined payment amount for that service. Certain groups, including children, terminally ill individuals, and individuals residing in an institution are exempt from cost sharing. Refer to your state agency for details about Medicaid out-of-pocket costs. https://marketplace.cms.gov/technical-assistance-resources/medicaid-chip-overview.pdf. Accessed December 2020.

9 Most consumers have some type of health insurance coverage that includes a prescription drug benefit. According to recent data, just under 9% of the total U.S. population is uninsured. (https://www.kff.org/state-category/health-coverage-uninsured/health-insurance-status).