Top of this page
Skip navigation, go straight to the content

ucb-usa.com Responsibility Affordability Briviact Pricing Info
 

How much should I expect to pay for Briviact® (brivaracetam) CV?

 

Prescription drug prices can be confusing. Two people may pay different prices for the same drug, depending on their insurance situation.

The list price1 of BRIVIACT is $1,145.002 per month, but the amount you pay will largely depend on your prescription drug insurance plan. The information below will provide you a better understanding of what to expect based on your insurance situation.

For the most accurate information, talk to your insurance provider who knows the details of your plan.

 

Full Prescribing Information.

 

Which Option Below Best Describes Your Insurance Situation? 

(click arrows to see additional options)

I Have Insurance Through an Employer or Private Individual Policy

 

About 80% of BRIVIACT prescriptions cost patients between $0-$100 per month; for the remaining 20% of prescriptions, the most common cost is $150 per month.3

What you pay for BRIVIACT will depend on your insurance plan. Each plan has different preferred drug lists and out-of-pocket amounts, and most include an annual deductible. If you haven’t met your deductible, you’ll see higher prices until the deductible is met; then your out-of-pocket cost will likely drop.

With the BRIVIACT Savings Card, a one-month supply of BRIVIACT can cost as little as $20. Learn more about the BRIVIACT Savings Card.

I Have Medicare Coverage

 


If you have Part D coverage and are eligible for the Extra Help4 program, you can expect to pay $3 - 9 for each prescription.If you are unsure whether you qualify for Extra Help, please visit the Social Security Administration for more information.

If you don’t qualify for Extra Help, your out-of-pocket costs vary. About 75% of BRIVIACT prescriptions cost patients between $0 and $100 a month; for the remaining 25% of prescriptions, the most common cost is $300/month.6 Your out-of-pocket costs can vary throughout the year depending on which phase of the Part D benefit you are currently in.7

I Have Medicaid Coverage

 


For most people on Medicaid, prescription drugs like BRIVIACT range from $4-$9 per month.8 Some states offer even lower copays, or eliminate the copay requirement altogether.

To find out if you qualify for Medicaid, or for more information about copayments in your state, please visit Medicaid's website

I Don’t Have Insurance or BRIVIACT Is Not Covered By My Insurance Plan

 

If you do not have insurance or BRIVIACT is not covered by your insurance plan, please contact our team of compassionate and informed professionals for more information to see what options might be available to you. Contact ucbCARES at 1-844-599-CARE (2273) or visit us online.

 

 

 

 

References:

1 List price is also referred to as wholesale acquisition cost or WAC. WAC is the price at which UCB sells its products to wholesalers. A monthly supply of BRIVIACT is defined as 60 tablets per month.

2 AnalySource. Accessed on January 1, 2019. Patients may have to pay a higher price than list due to additional pharmacy charges.  Based on BRIVIACT 50mg

3 IQVIA FIA data, BRIVIACT, Commercial, OPC Before Buydown, Paid + Reversed Claims, New Patients, Final & Standalone Claims (Jan-Jul 2018).  Accessed on February 26, 2019.

4 Social Security Administration (SSA). Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs. https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare/prescriptionhelp. Accessed on January 2019.

5 IQVIA FIA claims data (Jan-Jul 2018) and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Announcement of Calendar Year (CY) 2019 Medicare Advantage Capitation Rates and Medicare Advantage and Part D Payment Policies and Final Call Letter. Attachment V Final 2019 Benefit Design Parameters. https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Health-Plans/MedicareAdvtgSpecRateStats/Downloads/Announcement2019.pdf. Accessed on November 8, 2018.

6 IQVIA FIA data, BRIVIACT, Medicare Part D, OPC Before Buydown, New Patients, Paid + Reversed Claims, Final & Standalone Claims (Jan-Jul 2018).  Accessed on February 26, 2019.

7 Drug coverage under Medicare Part D is divided into four phases: 1) deductible, 2) initial coverage, 3) coverage gap, and 4) catastrophic. Each of these phases has different cost sharing amounts. 

8 IQVIA FIA claims data (Jan-Jul 2018) and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Medicaid and CHIP Overview for Assisters. Maximum Allowable Copayments Determined by Eligible Population’s Household Income. Updated August 2018. **All out-of-pocket charges are based on the specific state’s defined payment amount for that service. Certain groups, including children, terminally ill individuals, and individuals residing in an institution are exempt from cost sharing. Refer to your state agency for details about Medicaid out-of-pocket costs. https://marketplace.cms.gov/technical-assistance-resources/fast-facts-medicaid-chip.pdf. Accessed January 2019.

9 Most consumers have some type of health insurance coverage that includes a prescription drug benefit. According to recent data, just under 9% of the total U.S. population is uninsured. (https://www.kff.org/state-category/health-coverage-uninsured/health-insurance-status).